What is the right of access?
There are actually a few different aspects to the right of access under Article 15 GDPR, including certain information, and a copy of your personal data. You have the right to obtain the following from the data controller:
- Confirmation of whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed.
- Where personal data concerning you is being processed, a copy of your personal data.
- Where personal data concerning you is being processed, other additional information as follows:
- Purpose(s) of the processing.
- Categories of personal data.
- Any recipient(s) of the personal data to whom the personal data has or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organisations and information about appropriate safeguards.
- The retention period or, if that is not possible, the criteria used to determine the retention period
- The existence of the following rights: Right to rectification; Right to erasure; Right to restrict processing; Right to object; as well as information on how to request these from the controller.
- The right to raise a concern with a supervisory authority (in Ireland this is the Data Protection Commission).
- Where personal data is not collected from the data subject, any available information as to its source.
- The existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and meaningful information about how decisions are made, the significance and the consequences of processing.
If you are an EU resident and need to submit a request for subject access, please fill out the short form below: