Submitted by aparsons_567 on May 17,2017
Slot Management Procedures at VHHH Effective September 1, 2016
The regulatory authorities in Hong Kong have been working together over the past few months to resolve issues relating to business jet arrival/departure slots and parking at Hong Kong International Airport (VHHH). After several meetings held with the Hong Kong Civil Aviation Department (HKCAD), Aviation Authority (AA), Hong Kong International Airport and the Asian Business Aviation Association (AsBAA), the new measures took effect in late September of 2016.
The measures are outlined below:
- Application window extended from 7 days to 14 days
- OCS (slots) and BAPS (parking) systems will be linked with plans for full integration
- Once a slot is applied for, tail number or time cannot be changed. Slots will have to be cancelled and then reapplied for.
- Ten night slots per day will be released for approved aircraft types (applicable types will be published soon)
- Penalties will be imposed on all OCS users who violate slots or parking or are considered to be abusing the system
Within 24 hours of applying for a slot, the company must apply and secure parking and ground handling services, otherwise, the slot applied for will automatically be released back into the system.
If a trip changes or is cancelled and the existing slot time is not cancelled within 48 hours of the planned operation date, a penalty point will apply.
Slots applied for within 48 hours of the planned operation will not be subject to the cancellation deadline, but will still be required to obtain parking and ground handling approvals.
A monthly-monitored penalty system will be implemented for the misuse of slots and parking. HKCAD has agreed to a grace period of two months after the AIC is issued, ending Oct 2016, before the penalty system will begin. It has been made abundantly clear that no company or specific aircraft registration will have preference over another. OCS users will receive monthly reports on the 24th of each month regarding potential penalties.
Parking and Slot-related misuse counts:
- Operation of an aircraft without confirmed runway slot or parking stand booking (2 misuse counts)
- Failure to operate an aircraft without cancelling the confirmed runway slot or parking stand booking (2 misuse counts)
- Cancellation of confirmed runway slot or parking stand booking less than 2 days in advance of the aircraft confirmed slot time (1 misuse count)
Cancellation of confirmed runway slot or parking stand booking 2 days or more in advance of the aircraft confirmed slot time according to the scale below:
Percentage of Confirmed Slot Cancelled
- 50% or less...................0
- More than 50-60%......1
- More than 60-80%......2
- More than 80%............3
- Operation of an aircraft at a time significantly different* from the confirmed runway slot (1 misuse count)
- Aircraft overstaying (1 misuse count)
*deviation of more than 2 hours between actual on-block/off-block time and the confirmed runway slot time is considered to be significantly different. The 2 hour allowance is subject to regular review.
Penalty will be imposed to the relevant OCS user whose accounts collectively accrued monthly misuse counts exceeding the threshold listed below:
|Monthly Operations||Misuse Counts Threshold|
|>20||20% of monthly operations|
As a penalty, the OCS window will be shortened by one day for a period of one month. Repeated and consecutive penalties for three months may lead to termination of an account, thereby forcing the company to use an agent to act on their behalf.
Source: Asian Business Aviation Association (AsBAA)
World Fuel | Colt - Shanghai
World Fuel | Colt's Shanghai office is a full service sales and trip support office, with staff who manage customers based across the APAC region with particular focus on those based in China. This office is staffed with local aviation professionals who speak multiple Chinese dialects and English. Their first-hand knowledge of the region allows them to offer expert advice in operational logistics and regulatory requirements to help expedite and simplify operations.
World Fuel | Colt – Shanghai extends the strength of a global leader, delivering the highest level of personalized service, dependability and value.
Contact World Fuel | Colt – Shanghai
Worldwide 65 6215 6888