Submitted by smorales_1281 on Apr 09,2019
EBACE 2019 - May 21-23
The European Business Aviation Convention and Exhibition, EBACE 2019, will be held May 21-23, 2019, in Geneva, Switzerland. The annual event will bring together the business leaders, manufacturers and other actors of the European business aviation community. Operators are recommended to plan early as local restrictions apply during the event. Part of the Geneva Airport’s airside area is reserved to the aircraft static display which further reduces the already limited parking space.
EBACE Show Information
The European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (EBACE) is a premier event and the annual meeting place for the European business aviation community. The exhibition brings together business leaders, government officials, manufacturers, flight department personnel, avionics firms, fractional providers, charter/lease companies and all manner of people involved in nearly every aspect of business aviation.
Exhibitor list: https://ebace19.mapyourshow.com/7_0/search.cfm
Floor plan: https://ebace19.mapyourshow.com/7_0/floorplan/
Find Us There!
Look for World Fuel Services at EBACE, stand #A67, to receive innovative solutions supported by our local teams in Europe. Stop by to discover what’s new, enter our grand prize drawing, and more!
Security Level: 2
Petty crime is the security concern travelers to Switzerland are most likely to encounter. Demonstrations occasionally take place in Switzerland, particularly in the urban areas. Terrorism is a relatively low risk in Switzerland.
Provided by UnitedHealthcare Global RiskWORLD WATCH REPORT
MORE INFORMATION ON EASA & TCO AUTHORIZATION
Private flights do not require any landing permission.
Landing permission is required for charter flights and can be obtained within a few working days. Foreign charter operators (Third Country Operators) need to ensure that they hold the TCO Authorization from EASA prior to requesting the landing permission.
Switzerland is part of the Schengen area allowing free movement of the 26 Schengen member state citizens. More information on Schengen countries: https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/what-we-do/policies/borders-and-visas/schengen_en
No visa is required for the USA & Canada citizens entering Switzerland for a short stay of up to 90 days for tourist and business purposes.
Other nationalities may require visas. More information on the Swiss administration website: https://www.sem.admin.ch/sem/en/home/publiservice/weisungen-kreisschreiben/visa/liste1_staatsangehoerigkeit.html
Geneva provides a wide selection of quality accommodations to all types of travelers. These range from the luxury downtown hotels along the lakeside, to the business-friendly hotels close to Geneva airport. Travelers should note that all hotels will have higher rates, extended cancellation policies, and limited availability during the event period. EBACE attendees should book as early as possible to ensure hotel availability and options.
For assistance, contact World Fuel Services directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 281 280 2200.
GENEVA (LSGG) -
Operating hours for private operations are 0600-2200L and no overtime is available. Charter operations carrying passengers may land until 2359L provided that the parking is granted, as no ferry flight departures are allowed after 2200L. Parking availability is limited, as certain parking stands are reserved for the aircraft static display. Prior permission and slots are required. Aircraft visiting Geneva for EBACE 2019 can request slots only 5 days prior the event. The reduced application period targets optimizing the slot use and reducing any misuse such as the late slot returns. Slot validity period is a strict 20 minutes and the slot ID must be noted in the ATC FPL remarks section. While there is currently no NOTAM in force for any parking limitations, operators are advised to check the NOTAMs regularly for any last-minute updates from authorities.
Operators planning to land in LSGG/Geneva for EBACE should be prepared with alternative parking options. The nearby airports in Switzerland and France provide varied options for all operators.
Operators looking for international airports with full FBO services and longer runways should consider Zurich or Basel as main options:
- ZURICH (LSZH) - Operating hours for private operations are 0600-2200L and 0600-2300L for charter operations. Airport overtime is not available. Slots are required. Slot validity period is +/- 15 minutes. Prior permission is not required. Drive time from Zurich to Geneva is 3 hours.
- BASEL MULHOUSE (LFSB) - Operating hours for private operations are 0600-2200L and 0600-2300L for charter operations. Airport overtime is not available. There are no slot requirements in LFSB. Prior permission is not required. Drive time from Basel to Geneva is 3 hours.
Operators looking for 24/7 availability should consider Lyon St Exupery or Lyon Bron to ensure maximum flexibility:
LYON ST EXUPERY (LFLL) - Airport of Entry with 24/7 operations for private and charter flights. Night restrictions apply for noisy ICAO chapter 3 aircraft. Slots are required. Slot validity period is +/- 15 minutes. Prior permission is not required.
Note: All flights operate through the Main Terminal as there is no General Aviation Terminal. Drive time from Lyon St Exupery to Geneva is 1.5 hours.
- LYON BRON (LFLY) - Convenient Business & General Aviation dedicated airport with flexible opening hours: 0630-2230L daily (available 24/7 upon prior request). There are no slot requirements at LFLY. Prior permission is not required. Drive time from Lyon Bron to Geneva is 1.5 hours.
Operators interested in smaller airports near Geneva should consider the following airports:
- ANNECY (LFLP) - Closest alternative airport to Geneva, with a 45-minute drive time. Customs available on prior request. Operating hours 0800-1900L daily. Limited overtime available on request: Monday-Friday until 2300L, Saturday until 2100L, Sunday until 2200L. No slots are required during the summer period. Prior permission is required. Parking availability is limited.
CHAMBERY (LFLB) - Airport of Entry with a 1.5-hour drive time to Geneva. Operating hours 0800-1800L. Limited overtime is available according to availability. No slots are required in the summer period. Prior permission is required.
Note: All charter operations require a site qualification to fly into this airport.
- BERN (LSZB) - Bern is the closest Swiss airport - 1.5-hour distance to Geneva. Operating hours - Monday-Friday 0700-2200L, Saturday 0700-sunset, and Sunday 0800-2200L. No overtime is allowed. There are no slot requirements and prior permission is not required. However, parking availability is limited.
Air Elite by World Fuel Locations
See below for Air Elite locations offering ground handling services in support of your trip to EBACE 2019. Use these locations and receive an Air Elite Network Bonus Offer of 1,000 World Fuel Rewards points on AVCARD by World Fuel transactions of $1,000 or more. See additional offers for each location below.
Jet Aviation Geneva (LSGG)
- Just three miles from downtown Geneva.
- Offers maintenance, refurbishment, complete line service, as well as exterior and interior aircraft cleaning.
- As a full service maintenance facility, Jet Aviation offers repair and avionics support to private and corporate operators as a manufacturer's authorized warranty service center.
Special offer: All AVCARD transactions will receive 4 complimentary newspapers in addition to the Air Elite Network Bonus (for qualifying transactions only)
LEARN MORE ABOUT JET AVIATION GENEVA (LSGG)
Jet Aviation Zürich (LSZH)
- Jet Aviation makes moving through the airport not only fast, but also safe and easy.
- With in-house immigration facilities, valet parking, and transportation assistance, Jet Aviation allows you to get from your aircraft to your destination as quickly as possible, with minimum hassle.
- The Jet Aviation facility features an executive lounge, wireless internet, and close to 700 newspapers that can be printed at your request. For the crew, there is a separate lounge, as well as weather and flight planning facilities.
Special offer: Customers who reposition from GVA to ZRH due to EBACE and uplift over 2000 USG of Jet A1, will receive 2000 World Fuel Rewards points in addition to the Air Elite Network Bonus (for qualifying transactions only)
LEARN MORE ABOUT JET AVIATION ZÜRICH (LSZH)
Value Added Tax (VAT) & Mineral Oil Tax (MOT) apply to all fuel uplifts in Switzerland.
International flights: Commercial aircraft operators can become VAT & MOT exempted on international commercial flights under specific procedures. Please contact your WFS Sales Representative for more information.
Domestic flights: Operators should note that both VAT and MOT are charged on all domestic flights in Switzerland regardless of the flight type (commercial or private).
Geneva downtown is easily reachable from Geneva airport with a 15-minute drive. The airport is located only 2.5 miles (4 km) from the city. All types of ground transportation are available to the travelers. Whether a taxi or a car with a driver is preferred, World Fuel Trip Support can arrange all types of transportation through high quality service providers.CONTACT OUR TEAM FOR GROUND TRANSPORTATION ARRANGEMENTS
Business Aviation Newsfeed
Trip Planning Guide: French Riviera...
RAF Northolt Doing Extensive Runway...
New Istanbul Airport Becomes Operational
Canada Introduces Two Fuel Regulations
Japan Introduces New Regulations for...
Nice Airport is an Exclusive RNP APCH...
Three French Airports Implement...
BREXIT: Change in EU ETS Deadlines
International Tourist Tax Levied on...