Job Opportunities in the Tacoma Area
Grow with us in the West Coast with the US Land division of World Fuel Services in Tacoma, WA, Anacortes, WA, and Portland, OR. A variety of unique opportunities in the petroleum industry from blue collar to white collar. As a local energy expert you will make an impact on a differentiated customer experience driven by our entire workforce and supported by technology.
By joining the World Fuel Services family you will find opportunities from local to global for a long-standing career with growth potential. We are currently looking for new energy experts to join our team for the following positions:
- General office administration: answer and resolve customer calls, inquiries, changes, and orders. Connect customers to representatives for specific support requirements.
- Paperwork management: responsible for collecting, filing, transmitting delivery data, as well as paperwork necessary to reconcile accounting, billing, and inventory requirements, between the Portland and Tacoma offices.
- Inventory management: manage records of retain daily for the Portland fleet, and reconcile with delivery documentation for Tacoma accounting team. Manage inventory of materials consumed by the Operations fleet, and coordinate inventory counts between Portland and Tacoma sites.
- Maintenance parts and order entry: provide inventory control and parts ordering in support of organic maintenance of the vehicle fleet, and recording maintenance work orders in the maintenance management system (currently TMT).
- Support the Operations Management: provide office support to the Site / Terminal Manager and Driver Supervisor, coordinating events, travel, and expense requirements as needed.
- 2 – 5 years in office administration or operations support
- Advanced level in Microsoft Excel
- High level of organization
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
APPLY HERE TO BE PART OF OUR TEAM
- Maintain required records for compliance with state and federal regulations
- Communicate with various locations on a daily basis
- Perform duties 80% of time in outside environment
- Operate various types of maintenance tools
- Cleaning of site pavement, dispensers, etc.
- Driving to multiple company owned un-manned fueling facilities in a company provided service vehicle
- Bending and pulling
- Familiar with state, local, Federal DOE requirements
- Working with and scheduling with internal company technicians for repairs
- Diagnose and fix varying issues with station pumps
- Diagnose and fix various internal facility repairs
- Must be able to work on wiring and electronics
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to operate basic computer programs
- Work with various types of tools
- Work with various types of lawn and garden equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- Clean Driving Record
- Ability to lift 75lbs
- Works well as part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to complete daily tasks under minimal supervision
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Prior maintenance experience preferred
- Front-line responsibilities in communication and direction of the driver force with engagement and problem solving
- Ensure policies, procedures, processes are trained and followed
- Works with dispatch to monitor planning board for efficient on-time deliveries
- Answer driver calls regarding any concerns, issues, information and customer calls relating to business
- Provide safety training, coaching, corrective actions and observations
- Ensure PTO is reviewed, approved and covered
- Provide an information conduit to senior management
- Review driver’s daily work for accuracy
- Provide an excellent service experience for customers: investigate and take necessary action to quickly resolve customer service issues
- Investigate all accidents, injuries, spills, mixes, security issues, unsafe conditions or other incidents to the HSSE Manager.
- Create and maintain a Safety Culture; ensure all transportation operations comply with all facility, company, state and federal rules and DOT regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned
- AM and PM shifts, however must be able to also work the following as needed: weekends; holiday work; shifts as required to maintain 24-hour/7-day operations
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with one-year experience or 3+ years equivalent experience.
- CDL A or B required
- DOT and Hazardous training and experience preferred
- Prior experience as a supervisor and driver preferred
- Strong math, organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to solve problems
- Proficiency with basic computer skills: i.e., Excel, Word, Outlook
- Can be entrusted to make sound business judgments and decisions and meet assigned deadlines
- A strong working knowledge of Portland, OR and surrounding areas.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and function effectively under pressure and time constraints
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all employees and customers
- Ability to adapt interpersonal skills to interact in a professional and positive manner with internal and external customers
APPLY HERE TO BE PART OF OUR TEAM
Successful, growing organization seeking an experienced journeyman diesel mechanic to work with an established team of mechanics maintaining petroleum tank trucks and trailers. Competitive compensation, including excellent benefits program. Will consider applicants that recently finished diesel mechanic schooling.
- Heavy truck repair for commercial fleet operations, diesel engines, air brakes, and electronics
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Diagnose varying equipment issues, failures, on tractors and trailers
- Communicate with the driver through verbal and written methods to assure repairs are completed correctly
- Coordinate/negotiate with outside vendors
- Prefer 2+ years experience in general heavy truck repair for commercial vehicles
- Diesel engine systems diagnostics with various manufacturers
- Must have writing and electronic experience
- Experience in maintaining on board computers
- Experience required with basic fabrication, use and application of welders and gas torch systems
- Must have certification to repair and maintain air brake systems
- Experience in computerized maintenance environment
- Experience with DOT record keeping and maintenance requirements
Preferred Competitive Wages / Paid Time Off / 401K Matching / Holiday Pay
APPLY HERE TO BE PART OF OUR TEAM
Additional Career Opportunities
World Fuel Services is a Top Place To Work with a variety of career opportunities. Join our team to support our growing petroleum-based business and you will find a company that cares for its employees and its customers.
APPLY HERE AND BE PART OF OUR TEAM